What does the fee include?
The fee includes airport pickup, the training package, food, accommodation and local transportation during the program. On the first day, we will take you to the old city tour in Ayuthaya. However, the entrance fee to some places (about 10 USD) and food during the tour on that day are not included.
What are daily activities at the camp?
During the camp, you will be introduced to the art of mindfulness living lifestyle. Your daily activities will be:
|05:30 - 06:30||Spread loving kindness meditation|
|06:30 - 07:15||Yoga|
|07:15 - 09:00||Breakfast|
|09:00 - 11:00||Morning Inner Peace Time|
|11:00 - 13:00||Lunch and Personal Time|
|13:00 - 14:00||Workshops|
|14:00 - 16:00||Afternoon Inner Peace Time|
|16:00 - 17:00||Workshops|
|17:00 - 19:00||Refreshment and Personal Time|
|19:00 - 21:00||Evening Inner Peace Time|
|21:00 - 21:30||Meditation Experience and Daily Reflection|
Which kind of clothes should I bring to the training camp?
The retreat’s dress code is very conservative. Please adhere to the retreat standard dress code, no sleeveless shirts and shorts, no see-through, no tight, or revealing clothing should be worn at any time. Please do not wear shorts or pedal pants. Pants should be full length. Important: Bring appropriate “WHITE” t-shirts, and loose pants.
What not to bring to the camp?
Drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol of any kind are strictly prohibited during the camp. We also ask that you do not use any movies, music, or entertainment; Or wear any jewelry or cosmetics during the Retreat. If you wish to have these things available for you to use after the end of the Retreat, we will be happy to store them in a secure place for you and return them to you on the last day of the Retreat.
What are the codes of conduct during the camp?
During the camp, the participants are required to strictly follow the eight meditative codes of conduct. The reason is that we have participants from many cultures around the world and without these universal codes of conduct, there will be no common guideline how to behave. So, these codes will help you keep your mind clean and clear. Let us see what they are here.
- Code 1: One should not kill or hurt any beings, even the smallest animals or insects.
- Code 2: One should not take any belongs of the other participants or the crew without prior permission.
- Code 3: One should stay away from all romantic distractions (especially relationships). The purpose of the training is to let you stay with yourself and discover your true self.
- Code 4: One should keep conversation to a minimum, but when you speak you should only use positive and encouraging speech. Others cannot gain the most benefits of the training if you keep talking about yourself and the world.
- Code 5: One should refrain from using intoxicants and maintain the body and your health to be ready for meditation. You will meditate 4 sessions a day, and while the task is as easy as closing your eyes, your body must be ready for sitting in meditation.
- Code 6: During the training, you won’t need as much energy as you would if you were working hard. So, for keeping the body light and refreshed, only two meals (breakfast and lunch) will be served. Eat what is enough for full benefits of your meditation. Yogurt, milk or fruit juice will also be provided during the night time.
- Code 7: During the training, everyone will be practicing mindfulness. Using MP3, MP4, iPod, iPad, Mobile Phone, Mobile Internet Device or any electronic stuff is prohibited. Participants are also not permitted to wear makeup or decorative jewelry – this is to reducing the time spent for non mindful activities and minimize distractions.
- Code 8: During the training, you will lead a less demanding and simple lifestyle. Don’t expect luxurious sleeping quarters or attendees.
Are there any restrictions during the training camp?
Yes, anyone can join the training camp. Please make sure you let us know if you have any health, problems or you need to take medication during the Retreat. It is also important to let us know if you are, or think you might be, pregnant.
The World Peace Initiative Foundation will not be responsible for any accidents or medical emergencies during your stay. We strongly recommend that you obtain travel insurance for your stay in Thailand. Taking out travel insurance can help you get financial and practical help if something goes wrong on your trip.
Do I need to do the self-development program 14 days consecutively to get the discounted price?
No. You don't have to do it 14 days straight. You can pause for some days as long as you manage to complete at least 14 days within the deadline.