CAC Peace Fellowship
Central America & the Caribbean Peace Fellowship
“A Call for Action through meditation: The Change starts in me"
13-17 May 2015, Guatemala
Peace Revolution will gather 30 participants from Central America and the Caribbean to participate in its Peace for Youth Fellowship. Peace building and multicultural dialogue will be explored by meditation and self-development tools.
Peace Revolution is creating a new paradigm: A global culture of peace that starts within ourselves.
Central America and the Caribbean symbolize colour and mixture: African, Asian, Spanish, British and French descendants portray the importance of multicultural environments. They call for connection through compassion, empathy and peace.
We live in a world where peace has been based on external aspects: development measured by GDP; access to different assets or material things; or by the absence of war. True peace means harmony, a positive notion in an interconnected world. CAC Peace Fellowship is a call to return to our natural understanding of peace where love, compassion, and empathy are key aspects for constructive human relationships.
Participants will learn how meditation can help them achieve inner peace in a 5 days retreat. They will be able to develop positive thinking, gain emotional resilience, and increase human capacities such as empathy and kindness.
We will also practise mindfulness during yoga and other complementary group activities.
The first CAC Peace Fellowship for Central America and the Caribbean will take place between the 13th-17th May 2015 at Villa Sumalla Retreat Center in Lake Atitlán Santa Cruz La Laguna, Guatemala.
- To explore a new concept of peace related to harmony.
- To create peace building capacities by developing positive thinking, gaining emotional resilience and increasing important human capacities of empathy and kindness.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- To understand meditation as a tool that helps us return to our natural understanding of peace related to love, compassion and empathy.
- To learn practical methods of stress management and ways to increase emotional intelligence.
- To practice mindfulness during yoga and other group activities.
- To build up participants’ progress after having finished the online self-development program.
- To empower youth workers and to offer a sustainable space for them to coordinate activities and events in their own communities.
- Local transportation from airport to the retreat
- Retreat fee
- Promotional material for use of participants
- Partial sponsoring of airfare*
- Nationals and residents of these countries: Anguilla, Antigua y Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, British Virgin Islands Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Age required between 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the transportation support.
- Must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates should have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
Application Deadline - February 10th, 2015 (last date to apply online)
Eligibility Deadline - March 10th, 2015 (last date for completing eligibility criteria to receive interview call)
I am over 32, can I still apply for the fellowship?
Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. We are looking for young peace activists interested in self-development and meditation, who want to learn how to develop their own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in their peace work. However to be eligible for the sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 18-30 years old.
I do not live in above mentioned countries, but still part of Central America & the Caribbean region, can I still apply?
You can still apply, however we may not support your travel costs if you are flying from outside of above mentioned countries. Please consider looking out our international fellowships which take place in Thailand and other regional fellowship in various part of world. There will also be many international events coming soon.
How do you select the participants?
The most important aspect of applying is to complete at least 21 days of the online self-development programme. We will try our best to select a varied group from as many countries as possible.