Heya Fellowship هي
Morocco, 9-13 April 2016
In the last few years, the North Africa and the Middle East region has been witnessing violence, revolutions, conflicts, terrorism and wars that are eventually leading to other political, sectarian, religious and economic crises.
Women and men, girls and boys, are affected by conflicts , yet women in particular are more vulnerable but far more influential. Women have the potential to make meaningful contributions as changemakers and leaders but they often lack the means and platform to harness that potential.
They shall see the current chaos as a great gift and opportunity to rethink, reconnect, and reinvent. If their authentic community organizing could be matched with the self-awareness, mindfulness and compassion practices of meditation, it could revolutionize how thy affect social change.
Peace Revolution works to support young women to empower themselves and impact their homes, families and communities by strengthening their personal growth through meditation and self-development as well as promoting women's rights.
Are you a female leader who is actively involved in social work and have the passion for social change? Do you want to reveal your inner power and qualities to pursue your goals and dreams for yourself, your community and your country? Then this Fellowship is for YOU!!
Heya Fellowship will be the first of its kind in the region to nurture the space for women for inner transformation which will eventually lead to community transformation.
Peace Revolution offers you this opportunity to peacefully co-exist with extraordinary fellow women leaders to network, live together, empower yourself and others.
We provide the space for young women to empower themselves and each other to achieve positive social change for themselves, their families, other women and their society
The Heya fellowship Objectives:
- Support Heya participants with the tools to inner peace, self-development and self-empowerment through meditation.
- Enable Heya participants to handle any challenge with confidence and grace and apply their knowledge in all forms of public and private life
- Nurture the inner strength, creativity and self-esteem of women from all walks of life across the MENA region
- Bring young women leaders and activists from the region together, provide a forum for networking, friendship, peace and exchange of experiences as well as respect for human rights for all by fostering mutual intercultural dialogue.
The retreat will include interactive activities, yoga classes and women circles delivered by our facilitators and mentors beside the meditation sessions guided by the teaching monks, a conscious way of living on the retreat site to become healthy, happy and holy (more details will be posted soon)
The Heya Fellowship covers:
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Meditation sessions and lectures
- Yoga Classes
- Local transportation
The Heya Fellowship DOES NOT Cover:
- Transportation within participant’s country
- Visa cost
- Personal expenses
Nationals and residents of these countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
“The first of its kind in the MENA region”
- Age required between 20-32 years old at the time of application submission in order to receive the airfare support.
- Completed the 21 days of the online self-development program.
- Young female leaders who are actively involved in social work and have the passion for social change within the spheres of politics, society, culture, peace-building and media among others.
- Good proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Commitment fees of 200 USD. The fees are a contribution that needs to be paid before the arrival to the retreat site, /by Bank transfer or Western Union
- *Important Note: Those residing in the countries other than the eligible countries mentioned above will not be considered! exceptions can be made for refugees who are from one of the eligible countries but live elsewhere.
Application Deadline - 5 November 2015, before 18.00 UTC (last date to apply online)
Eligibility Deadline - 30 November 2015, before 18.00 UTC (last date to complete at least 21 days of the online Self-Development Program)
After completing your 21 online self-development program, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, available fund as well as group combination in the fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you ourselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the self development program?
The free online self-development program is a 21-day challenge (for the Heya fellowship) teaching the skills and techniques involved in the development of inner peace. It provides guided meditation videos and daily reflections to support personal development and the practice of mindfulness. You can start the first episode here.
2. What am I suppose to write in the proposal question in the application?
A Mini PIPO proposal is a space for you to submit your possible commitment towards Peace Revolution. As you may have read, we call PIPO to the series of meditation events a peace agent (someone that has attended the International Fellowship in Thailand) organizes in his/her country once he or she has returned home. The event will be supported by the Peace Revolution crew. Here we are interested in knowing what do you think about if, whether you would be able to do that, which kind of contacts you have, possible venues, estimated amount of people, how you would plan to do that, etc. So, this is a space for you to also add or tell us about different ideas you have to keep engaged with the organization regardless the possibility of organizing PIPO, for example linking your organization with ours, helping us in a specific area of your expertise, organizing periodic online meditation sessions, etc.
3. When do I have to pay the 200 USD commitment?
After you are selected in the program you can pay your contribution before your arrival to the peace resolution retreat location.
4. What kind of "certificate" shall I upload in the application?
The certificate can be a recommendation letter/reference from your organization, employer or professor that illustrates your experience and drive for social change.
5. How long will the Heya fellowship take and where?
The Heya fellowship will take place from 9-13 April 2016 in Morocco.
6. What is the Nationality eligibility criteria?
Nationals and residents of these countries are eligible to apply: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
7. I am 19 years old, can I apply?
Only participants between 20 and 32 years old at the time of application submission are eligible to apply. If you are above 32 you can apply but you will not receive airfare support.