- Stress Management
- Work-Life Balance
- Conflict Prevention & Resolution
- Peace Promotion
- Bring young leaders and activists from Oceanian countries together, provide a forum for networking and exchange of experiences by fostering mutual understanding, dialogue and cooperation throughout.
- To promote tools of nonviolent communication and peace building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- To develop and strengthen an active network of young peace-builders that aims to boost creativity in peaceful development and activism in the region
- Support personal and professional development of participants.
- Provide the participants with the tools to inner peace and leadership skills through mindfulness, self-discipline, and compassion that helps strengthen their activism and place them in meaningful work.
- To explore meditation as a practice which can develop tools to deal with challenges within peace-building,youth work, and throughout life in general.
- To explore the idea that self-development is a core foundation of broader human development, and its resulting world benefit.
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Free retreat fee.
- Candidates must have residents and nationalities from these countries or islands: Australia, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Federated States of Micronesia, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Polynesia, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tokelau, Tonga, Torres Strait Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
- Candidates can be of any age! However, for airfare support, candidates should be 20 to 32 years old at the time of submitting the application.
- Complete at least 14 days of the 42 days online self-development program.
We suggest that if you have a limited internet connection, please download the meditation guide here
“Quiet the mind and the soul will speak”
30th August to 4th September 2016 I Fiji
"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~ Confucius"
We live in a world which is often chaotic and very demanding. Our endless struggle in between professional growth, academic success and personal responsibilities is keeping us restless and stressful. Therefore it is important to stop for a moment in order to truly understand and discover our own selves. Self-discovery is one of the most important steps for us to realize our full potential, and for us to know how to live successful and happy lives.
Happy people contribute more to their communities, leading to more sustainable communities. Happy people also contribute more to create a peaceful environment. That’s why we believe in the idea called PIPO, “Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace”
Oceania Self-Discovery Camp will bring together a group of young people from all Oceanian countries who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to discovering their own true self, and making this world a better place to live in.
We will incorporate workshops and lectures including:
The aim of these activities is to promote individuals in the evolvement towards awareness and responsible handling of their personal, situational power. In the end, this camp aims to promote a culture of peace, self-discovery, and youth empowerment through the means of self-development and meditation. Encompassing heartfelt, caring consideration of others, and the aware capability to ensure that no suffering is fostered, the individual is supported to embody the qualities of meditation.
This camp will be the first of its kind in the Oceanian countries to bridge the gap between inner peace and social empowerment, leading to transformational and peaceful activism.
Episode 1: Day 1-3
Episode 1: Day 4-5
Episode 1: Day 6-8
Episode 1: Day 9-12
Episode 1: Day 13-15
Downloading the audio first makes it easier for you to complete your session without internet lag interruptions.
- Good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace,dialogue, and personal and collective development.
Extended Deadline - July 20th, 2016 (Last date for completing eligibility criteria to receive interview call)
Call for Partners
Everyone is welcome to join the training. We are looking for young peace activists interested in self-development, who want to learn how to develop their own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in their peace work. However to be eligible for the partial sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 18-32 years old.I do not live in above mentioned countries, but still part of Pacific region, can I still apply?
You can still apply, however we may not support your travel costs if you are flying from outside of above mentioned countries. Preference will be given to these countries however we are open to consider your application if you are either living or your work is in Pacific region. Please consider looking out our international fellowships which take place in Thailand and other regional fellowship in various part of world. There will also be many international events coming soon.How do you select the participants?
The most important aspect of applying is to complete at least 14 days of the online self-development programme. We will try our best to select a varied group from as many countries as possible.