“Be the change!”
We live in a world which is often chaotic and sometimes we get drawn into its turmoil leaving us unbalanced or unhappy. By developing personal skills, we can learn how to best deal with stress and challenging external environments while focusing to become proactive towards real and meaningful world change.
We’re happy to announce that you can now apply for the 6th Peace Revolution European Fellowship entitled “Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace” The event will bring together 40 young people from all over Europe, who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to create real world change. The week-long (including arrival and departure) retreat aims to promote a culture of peace, to bring forward aspects of peace education and youth empowerment, and to teach how to implement the practice of mindfulness on a day to day basis through the primary means of meditation and self-development.
The Peace Revolution European Fellowship will take place from 30th August to 5th September 2015 in Lede, Belgium. This will be the sixth fellowship after five previous successes in Belgium since 2011. You may follow the latest updates about the European fellowship on Peace Revolution Europe.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace-building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- To explore meditation as a practice which can develop tools to deal with challenges within peace-building and youth work.
- To explore the idea that self-development is a core foundation of world change and helping others.
- To understand that cultivating inner qualities can be the foundation of creating compassion in society which leads to more benevolence and understanding within conflict situations.
- To learn practical methods of stress management and ways to increase emotional intelligence.
- To practice mindfulness during yoga and other group activities.
- To build on participants’ progress after having participated in the online self-development programme.
- To empower youth workers and to offer the space for them to create ideas to implement activities and events in their own communities.
- Retreat fee
- Welcome kit
- Participants are expected to cover the travel costs from their countries to the retreat place. However, a small amount of sponsorship is available in special cases*, as we are doing our best to be as inclusive as possible.
- Preferably young adults between the ages of 20-32. More mature participants are welcome as well.
- Must be from European Member states (EFTA COUNTRIES/ EEA MEMBER STATES, EU MEMBER STATES PRE-ACCESSION COUNTRIES) or hold a Schengen visa. We cannot provide any visa related documents.
- Candidates should be fully self-supportive for the transportation to the retreat site.
- Must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates should have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.Candidates should not have participated in any Peace Revolution Fellowship before.
- I am over 32, can I still apply for the fellowship?
- I live outside of Europe, can I still apply?
- How do you select the participants?
*to be eligible for sponsorship, participant must:
Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. We are looking for young peace activists interested in self-development, who want to learn how to develop their own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in their peace work. However to be eligible for the partial sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 20-32 years old.
You can still apply, however we cannot support your travel costs if you are flying from outside of Europe. Preference will be given to Europeans. Please consider looking out our international fellowships which take place in Thailand. There will also be many international events coming soon.
The most important aspect of applying is to complete at least 21 days of the online self-development programme. We will try our best to select a varied group from as many countries as possible.