Peace Revolution Fellowship for Media Professionals
Media can essentially influence human behaviors, ideologies, values, and lifestyles as we are inevitably exposed to it 24/7. Professionals in this field ought to have responsibilities to be accurate and honest. They ought not to incite prejudice, hatred, or violence. More importantly, they have the opportunity to promote peace and reconciliation. This concept of peace media and journalism is relatively new, but it is an important ingredient in creating a superior standard of the media. Yet, how can we promote peace to others if we don't have peace within ourselves?
The fellowship includes:
- partial sponsoring of airfare,
- free accommodation,
- free catering,
- free local transportation,
- free meditation retreat fee.
We believe that a creative idea comes from a beautiful mind. A beautiful mind arises from peace… within (or Peace In). During this fellowship, participants learn basic meditation techniques and develop their own inner peace. Participants also contribute through discussions on how one's inner peace can be used to promote outer peace through media and media education. That’s why our peace equation: “Inner Peace + Outer Peace = Sustainable World Peace” is being formed.
Peace Revolution is a project that aims to provide a new paradigm-shift on the peace building process by means of the Inner Peace Time (IPT) and young peace activists through its online social media. Our IPT method is designed for all people, regardless of nationality, race, and religion. It is a universal tool in dealing with our own problems, ranging from stress, depression, familial dysfunctions, and global crises at large. Presently, Peace Revolution has about 2,000 young participants online from 140 countries around the world. There are 62 active Peace Agents aged 18-30 from 36 countries who joined three Peace Revolution workshops, conferences and training camps during 2009-2010.
The Peace Revolution Fellowship will cover the costs related to accommodation, food and local transport during a one-week stay in Thailand. We have limited support on air travel and cannot pay for visa, health, and travel insurance.
- You are a script writer, art director, independent producer, media educator, or work in the field of media.
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- You are open to new culture and easily adapt to new environments.
- Candidates should send their resumes/curriculum vitae and recent photos (a frontal view) to us using the following form.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will receive the program outline with a link to fill-in an application form.
- The selection committee will make an appointment for a phone or skype video interview if necessary.
- Candidates have to participate in the online self-development program to be fully eligible to receive the fellowship as agreed.
It’s time to revolutionize yourself and make a positive transformation for others and the society, especially through the use of media. The World is changing and the Revolution is now.