Explore The Conflict 30th November – 8th December 2013 Sperlonga, Italy
Explore the Conflict was a 8 day training cours aiming to bring forward a holistic, integrated approach to conflict management. Aimed at young people who are active in national or regional youth organizations and structures, the training adressed various stages of conflict – from intra personal to interpersonal and, lastly, to world conflicts.
Through nonformal and experiential methods, the training aimed to take participants out of their comfort zone and experience various stages of conflict. Participants could, in this way, identify root causes of conflicts, identify ways to predict, prevent, control and resolve them.
- To predict, act, use and resolve conflicts in the everyday management of youth organizations and international activities;
- Enable the use or prevention of conflict as a tool for growth and inclusion;
- Personal development of the individual participants;
- Finding creative ways of conflict resolution;
- Building partnerships between the organizations represented;
- Contribute to the quality of international youth activities, e.g. in the Youth in Action program of the EU;
- Develop tools for the development of integrated conflict management. As this approach is rather new, innovative and renewed training methods will be used.
The hosting organisation for this training course was the ever-surprising La milizia dei folli – Italy and its creative members, and the partner organizations were The knot – Belgium, ELPA – Latvia, Raplection – Croatia, Inter Europa Rioja – Spain, YOUTH UNION ASSOCIATION – Turkey and House for Sustainable Partnerships – Romania.
Peace Revolution’s Peace Architect, Anca, was present in this training that brought together many motivated and enthusiastic young people. During organisational evening, with the help of other Romanian participants, a play was set up, summing up Peace Revolution’s activity and bringing forward the importance of inner peace for a balanced and healthy lifestyle and its importance in dealing with both inner and outer conflicts.