10th Global Youth Peace Fest (GYPF 2015) At Chandigarh, India
In the past ten years of this unique peace campaign, a network of hundreds of motivated youth across the globe has been created. From issues of environment to violence, these young people have been advocating for equal human rights and sustainability in various manners. Now their youth energies will be channelized more in a constructive manner by launch of a ‘Global Youth Peace Forum’. Some salient features of this year’s GYPF-2015 are:
- Participation of 250 youngsters from across the world, almost from all south–Asian countries, from ASEAN region, even from some African countries, Russia, Kazakhstan, USA, Venezuela etc.
- Involvement of over 10,000 local Volunteers & Peace Club students. As they will participate in ‘Global Peace Parade for Sustainable cities & habitats’ on October 2, 2015.
- Fusion of Music & Dance: As the language of music and dances transcends the man-made barriers. So, there’ll be a special dance & musical evening for peace by famous Sufi singer & no. 1 Guitarist of Pakistan Mr. Asif Sinan.
- Presentation of ‘Global Youth ICON Awards’ to internationally acclaimed young peace leaders.
- The inaugural event will start with a big-bang with early morning ‘Meditation & Yoga for World Peace’, on September 29, 2015, at Cricket Stadium, Sector 17, Chandigarh. Around 10,000 people are expected to participate.
- The GYPF 2015 will end with launch of a ‘Global Youth Peace Forum’ to UNITE young people beyond barriers of race, religion and nationalities.
Overall GYPF 2015 will provide young people to be directly involved with passionate people from all across the globe. It’s also a platform for increased cross-fertilization of ideas. So that young people become true global citizens in thinking and action and Volunteer to co-create a future equal to their vast potential.
Peace Revolution is invited as a special guest in this year’s Peace Fest. On the opening day, September 29, Peace Architect Kuldeep Singh will introduce the Peace Revolution Project to the participants. This is followed by a 1 hour meditation session guided by LP Jean inside the cricket stadium. On the 2nd day (30th Sept), all the participants will be divided into three groups, based on their choice of session and will go to three different places. If they choose “Inner Peace and Meditation” they will go with Peace Revolution to one of the forest sanctuary to meditate. We are excited and look forward to this once a year peace event.