Introducing The First Global Peace On The Move Caribbean
Global Peace on The Move
in the Caribbean - Jamaica
17th-30th April 2016
For the first time in the Caribbean!
After our visit to diverse countries in the Caribbean last year, we realize how much potential for peacebuilding and meditation these beautiful islands have. Then, for 2016, we decided to perform the first Global Peace on the Move in the Caribbean, in the beautiful island of Jamaica.
Participants will learn how meditation can help them achieve inner peace in a 14 days retreat. They will be able to develop positive thinking, gain emotional resilience, and increase human capacities such as empathy and kindness. We will also practise mindfulness during yoga and other complementary group activities.
- Conflict resolution and the role of the basic human self-disciplines
- The role of our habits in our daily life and how to improve; the 5 Rooms of life
- The factors that determine our perception to think, act and speak; relation between body and mind
- Leadership: Eight pillars for a stable peaceful society
Everyone interested in finding their inner peace and share it with people around you is welcome to apply. Every profession and study is important: social workers, holistic therapists, business studies, artists, and a long etcetera.
Meditation retreat fee
Partial sponsoring of airfare*Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. But to be eligible for the full sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 20-32 years old.
- Candidates should come from the following countries of residence: Antigua y Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, French Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin & Sint Maarten, Saint Vincent And the Grenadines, Saint Eustatius, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands and U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Age required between 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the transportation support.
- Must have completed 42 days of the English online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates must have completed at least 1 OFFLINE (with 5 or more participants) and 1 ONLINE (with 10 or more participants) Special Ops.
- Candidates need to submit a PIPO Proposal (included in the application form).
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.
- Candidates must finish all the above requirements (the self-development program as well as the online Special Ops) before the eligibility deadline of a fellowship.
Application Deadline - February 10th, 2016 (last date to apply online)
Eligibility Deadline - March 10th, 2016 (last date for completing eligibility criteria to receive interview call)
After completing the self-development program with Special Ops (1 OFFLINE + 1 ONLINE) and submission of the PIPO proposal, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, strength of your proposal, available fund as well as group combination in each fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you ourselves.