WPI Newsletters: August 2018
After more than 7 years working with the young leaders who participate in our meditation, mindfulness, and self-empowerment events, we can see that the success of a social project depends heavily on how well the inner aspects of the project are handled. In other words, change always starts from within. This is why we are launching a grant program which aims at encouraging mindfulness-based social projects at the community level. All non-profit organizations, youth leaders, social entrepreneurs, peace activists, and anybody from Africa with an idea are eligible to apply for WPI’s Mindfulness Grant. Applications open soon. Like Peace Revolution Fb Page to keep updated.
Kateryna Kulyk is a highly skilled specialist and was a valuable member of WPI Crew for more than three years. Starting as a volunteer at WPI headquarters in Bangkok she became coordinator of the first Bridge fellowship that has laid a foundation for more opportunities for young activists from East Europe and Central Asia to learn about mindfulness and how to apply it in their everyday work. We wish you lots of success on your path!
Did you apply for the International Fellowship in Thailand?
You could be one of the lucky ones! Take another look to the requirements so you do not miss the eligibility deadline of 30th September.
- Candidates must have recently completed 42 days of the English version of the online self-development program (SDP) i.e Restart if SDP is more than 1 year and add 15 more days if SDP is more than 6 months but less than 1 year.
- Candidates must have completed at least 2 Special Ops, BEFORE 30th September 2018 for at least 15 people in total. Also check the information about OFFLINE, ONLINE and LIVE Special Ops here.
PEACE COACH OF THE MONTH
Meet Emmanuel Dushimimana an emerging leader from Rwanda committed to see people become more peaceful just like him. After completing the 42 days SDP, attending a fellowship in Thailand before finally committing to guide others who, like him, are ready to go on a journey to their self discovery with our online self development program.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- Do you know an expert from the Global South working in food security, development economics, healthy and human rights, climate change, or reproductive health? Submit a nomination to the New Voices Fellowship today! Deadline: Oct 15 2018.
- Are you a social entrepreneur? Do you have an innovative idea that contributes to building human capital? Join The world Bank Summit 2018 Competition and stand a chance to win a trip to pitch in Washington DC. Apply here. Deadline: 5th October
- Pursue your masters degree at Yenching Academy at Peking University in China. Find out more here. Deadline: Dec 7th 2018
Did you know that by saving just USD 4.5 daily, you can attend a meditation holiday in Thailand next year?HERE IS HOW
Finally, to make sure that you receive updates from me directly, go to your contacts and save this email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take two minutes to help us send you more relevant contentANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS HERE
May you be well!
Founder & Managing Director
World Peace Initiative Foundation