Central and West Africa Peace Fellowship
19-23 March 2016, Kribi, Cameroon.
“Keep Calm and Peace will Start with You”
Are you a young African peace activist looking for the key to self-development to help you in your life and work? Would you like to learn how to develop your own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in your peace work?
Peace Revolution once again, offers you the opportunity to develop a strong peace culture based on the principle of Peace In Peace Out. In cognizance of the special need to develop young peace activists who can respond to the needs of the continent, Peace Revolution will once again host an exclusive regional fellowship for countries in Central and West Africa in Cameroon.
Take a look at the last fellowship highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJvXA7OUV6c
After our successful West Africa Fellowship in Senegal, we are embarking in this experience with you again in Cameroon.
- Empower young people with the tools to inner peace, positive thinking and habits through the practice of mindfulness, self-discipline and meditation.
- Connect young people in these regions and enhance their sense of solidarity, compassion and togetherness
- Provide a forum of networking and exchange for future collaboration and partnerships while fostering mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue
The training starts with 21 Days online self-development program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; develop the tool for inner peace.
The fellowship offers 5 day intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace through mindfulness and meditation and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. Hence participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Conflict prevention and resolution
- How to overcome fear and deal with terrorism
- Stress management and non-violent communication
- Self -discipline and Human Rights
- Leadership and the pillars for a Stable and peaceful Society
The method of learning will be through lectures, interactive games and video projections.
The fellowship in Cameroon includes:
- Full sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Non-refundable Commitment fee of 100 USD. The fees need to be paid before the arrival to the retreat site, by Bank transfer or Western Union
*Important Note: Those residing in the countries other than the eligible countries mentioned above will not be considered! exceptions can be made for refugees who are from one of the eligible countries but live elsewhere.
The Fellowship DOES NOT Cover:
- Transportation within participant’s country
- Visa cost
- Personal expenses
Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. But to be eligible for the partial sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 20-30 years old.
- Candidates must be African nationals residing in Central or West Africa as mentioned below
- Candidates should be 20-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program by December 31st. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language. Those who can speak French will have an added advantage.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace building.
- Candidates should be young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- Candidates should send a recommendation letter from their organizations.
- The deadline for submission of application form is 30th November, 2015.
Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, South Sudan, Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Cape Verde, Senegal, Niger, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Togo, Gambia, Burkina Faso, St.Helena
After completing 21 days of the self-development program, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, available fund as well as group combination in each fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you by ourselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am over 30, can I still apply for the fellowship?
Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. We are looking for young peace activists interested in self-development, who want to learn how to develop their own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in their peace work. However to be eligible for the partial sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 20-30 years old. Candidates above 30yrs will have to pay for their Airfare to attend.
How do you select the participants?
The most important aspect of applying is to complete at least 21 days of the online self-development programme. We will try our best to select a varied group from as many countries as possible.
Are there Videos of how previous fellowships looked like?
Yes, please follow these links: