MENA Salam Fellowship
(Middle East and North Africa Salam Fellowship)
“Building Peace, Sustaining Solidarity”
Fethiye, Turkey, 27 - 31 May 2016
As the whole world is facing many challenges today, Middle East & North Africa also suffer from many conflicts on political, cultural, social and economic levels, which have great impacts on the daily life. Under these stressed, unstable, and turmoil circumstances, finding peace within and reaching out to sustain a healthy, happy life is the urgent need and utmost right of each human being.
Determined to help restore peace through meditation and self-development as well as creating support through networking and living together, Peace Revolution would like to introduce its 3rd MENA Salam Fellowship. This year the Fellowship is focusing on peaceful communication and building solidarity among young leaders from the region. There is certainly a great need for cultivating a strong peace culture. Let’s come and start developing this culture as one!
This is a call for young social actors and peace activists from MENA Region, who are passionate to work towards finding inner peace and building & sustaining peaceful co-existence with others!
The MENA Salam Fellowship is a call for developing self-awareness, understanding and taking steps towards a mindful living in these difficult times of violence, revolutions, conflicts, terror and wars in the MENA region; to start the change, by being the change!
This is your opportunity to join Peace Revolution, so that you can start connecting to your inner true self and create the potential for social transformation around you! Assemble with the creative powers of youth! Join us in Fethiye, Turkey in 27-31 May 2016 and create networks with other peace seeking young leaders for sustaining peace together.
If not now, then when? If not you, then who? Doesn’t it seem that now is the right time to unite and transform conflicts for a better world? Are you one of us? A young, peace seeker believing in creating a better world? If this is you, then you’re very welcomed to join the 3rd MENA Salam Fellowship for Finding Peace Within. This fellowship will help towards Recognition of Self which would lead to ease in Acceptance of Others where channels of Building Peaceful Communication will be wide open for the Transformation of Conflicts in many levels of life. Once we are able to hear our own needs and hear others’, we are able to respect our differences and perceive them as richness rather than obstacles. We can then move forward together and work towards Creating Solidarity for Sustaining Peace in our lives, our countries, our region and all around the world. Let’s start the change!
MENA Salam Fellowship
Peace Revolution’s MENA Salam Fellowship will bring together 30 participants from Middle East and North Africa region on a 5-day inner peace journey in a natural resort Pastoral Vadi in Fethiye, Turkey. Participants will be living in inspiring calm nature, by a small brook under eucalyptus trees, within an organic farm; as the teaching monks share their wisdom and approaches to meditation, mindfulness and self-discipline; as Peace Revolution volunteers will be directing Yoga sessions and peace and team building activities. The fellowship is an opportunity for participants to contribute to world peace through developing inner peace via “Peace In Peace Out” philosophy.
- Empower young people with the tools to inner peace, positive thinking and habits through the practice of mindfulness, self-discipline and meditation.
- Connect young people in these regions and enhance their sense of solidarity, compassion and togetherness.
- Promote coexistence by engaging open-minded young leaders and support their roles as peacemakers who can positively contribute to the region’s peaceful future.
- Provide a forum of networking and exchange for future collaboration and partnerships while fostering mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue.
The training starts with 21 Days online self-development program on our interactive platform providing the basic theory and practice; as an introduction to develop inner peace.
The fellowship offers 5 days intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace through mindfulness and meditation and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. Hence, the participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Physical and Emotional Wellbeing
- Human Rights
- Non-violent Communication
- Conflict Transformation
- Stress Management
- Leadership & Team Building
- Full sponsoring of airfare
- Local Transportation
- Food & Accommodation
- Meditation Sessions and Lectures
- Yoga Classes
- Interactive Activities
- Transportation within participant’s country
- Visa costs
- Personal expenses
- Commitment fee of $200
- be residents of the following MENA countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Syria, Northern Sudan, Southern Sudan, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Yemen. Those residing in the countries other than the eligible countries mentioned above will not be considered
- be 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support. Applicants above 32 years of age will have to pay their airfare to attend.
- have completed at least 21 days of the 42-day online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- be actively involved in peace activities or passionate to work in peace building and coexistence within the spheres of politics, society, culture and media.
- be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace building.
- pay a commitment fee of 200 USD before the arrival to the retreat site (by Bank transfer or Western Union).
To be eligible, applicants should:
- All fellowship activities, sessions and lectures will be conducted in English.