Africa Regional Fellowships "Be the Peace Agent"
Discover the Treasure of Inner & Outer Peace from Africa
The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace. A persistent simplification will create an inner and outer well-being that places harmony in one's life. Come and experience that African simplification of inner and outer peace.
After successfully organizing two major events, last September, in Kenya and Nigeria, Peace Revolution will come back to Africa to organize Regional fellowships for the first time in Africa. Each regional fellowship will bring together 25 young leaders to learn and exchange during three day retreat. Each fellowship will be an opportunity to engage African young leaders and support their growth as change-makers in peace-building in their communities. The fellowships will include activities, meditation and workshops providing the participants with new skills and perspectives in peace work. Its main focus shall be on youth, peace and self-development.
For East Africa, the fellowship will take place in Kenya from 13th - 15th September 2013. Participants should be from Burundi, Chad, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Somalia, Somaliland, Tanzania and Uganda.
For West Africa, " Soyons des Agents de la Paix" fellowship will take place in Senegal from 4th - 6th October, 2013. Participants should be from Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Mauritania, Niger, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Code d'Ivoire, Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast and Liberia.
- Full sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Meditation retreat fee of 75USD
- Participants are responsible for obtaining their visas in good time before departure to the host country of their region.
- Be 18-30 years old
- Only Africans living in Africa are eligible for the fellowships
- Participants should apply for the Regional Fellowship where their eligible country is where they reside (even if they don't originate from that country)
- Must have completed at least 14 days of the online self-development program.
Please kindly note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the 14 day online self-development program.
- Be a young leader in a local, national or international organization
- Be able to communicate in English
- Pay a commitment fee of 75USD upon arrival
For East Africa: 22nd August 2013 at 18:00GMT
For West Africa: 31st August 2013 at 18:00GMT
Click here for the program in 2013